Philippi St. Pe’ has been a mediator for 24 years, and an active practitioner in civil litigation for 51 years (personal injury, insurance defense, real estate, business litigation and product liability). He is formerly a partner in the firm FRANCIPANE, REGAN & ST. PE’ (ST. PE’ & MILAZZO). Mr. St. Pe’ is also General counsel to New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors, Inc. and its Professional Standards Committee relating to mandated arbitration of disputes. He assists in training basic and advanced mediation/arbitration with MAPS and has mediated approximately 2,000 claims involving torts, product liability, construction, real estate, business, and others. He resides in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.
Philippi (“Phil”) Pierre St. Pe’ was born and raised in New Orleans/Jefferson Parish and currently resides with his wife of 51 years, Peggy. He is the father of three children, now adults.
He was educated at Loyola University where he was designated as a distinguished Military Graduate, and completed Loyola Law School in 1963 where he served as President of Delta Theta Pi legal fraternity.
Following graduation he practiced in Jefferson Parish and helped establish the firm of Francipane, Regan, and St. Pe’, which was then one of the largest law firms in Jefferson Parish. He practiced primarily in the area of plaintiff personal injury and insurance defense, wills and estates, and real estate. Though semi-retired, his office remains at 3324 N. Causeway where he or his predecessor firm have been located for more than 41 years.
In 1991, Mr. St. Pe’ began to focus his attention on mediation/arbitration rather than litigation, and has been an active mediator for the past 24 years. He was trained in both basic and advanced mediation by MAPS, Inc. and additional providers. He has mediated more than 2,000 cases in all areas including torts, auto, products, construction, faulty design, real estate, and business disputes. He has been General Counsel to the New Orleans Metro. Association of Realtors for 35 years, where his duties, among others, included handling the process of mandatory arbitration of disputes and ethics hearings.
- History, Loyola University
- LLB, Loyola Law School, 1963
- Jefferson Bar Assoc.
- LA State Bar Assoc.
- New Orleans Federal Bar Assoc.
- LA Trial Lawyers Assoc.
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Assoc.
- Charter Member LA Bar Foundation
- Elected Member of the Board of Governors of LA State Bar
- Elected Member of the LSBA House of Delegates
- Elected President of Jefferson Bar Assoc.
- Chairman, LA State Bar Ethics and Greivances Committee
- Selected to “who’s who in American Law” (2nd Edition)
- Supreme Court Appointment to Serve as District Judge, Pro Temp, 24th J & C (1998)
- Selected for Recognition in the Publication of “The Best Lawyer in America”
- Acheived and maintained the highest rating (“AV”) by Martindale-Hubbel legal directory for 46 consecutive years
- Recipient of the Monte M. Lemann Award for work with the Merit System and Public Employment in Louisiana
- Appointed by Parish President to serve as a member of the “Jefferson Parish Personel Board” having jurisdiction over all parish employee’s discipline and pay
- Recipient of the Phil St. Pe’ Lifetime Acheivement Award sponsored by the New Orleans Metro Association of Realtors